What is Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy is a technique whereby a qualified practitioner uses guided relaxation, intense concentration, and focused attention to achieve a heightened state of awareness that is sometimes called a trance. The person’s attention is so focused while in this state that anything going on around the person is temporarily blocked out or ignored. In this naturally occurring state, a person may focus their attention, on specific thoughts or tasks to allow the subconscious mind to be more open to discussion and suggestion. It can improve the success of other treatments for many conditions. It can aid with healing, unblocking negative limitations or reframing past experiences or beliefs.
Hypnotherapy involves both understanding and skilled use of hypnotic language, knowledge of how language affects the body and mind, skilled use of metaphor and analogy, a deep understanding of how the mind/body works, how to get people into varying depths of trance, and how to use language and metaphor to generate change and healing. A hypnotherapist uses guided scripts and imagery that allow clients to explore states of mind. During a hypnotherapy session, the brain wave state is altered using relaxation techniques including deep breathing and self-awareness. Those methods reduce agitation and eventually bring the client to the edge of sleep. In that state, the “conscious” social identity that weighs experience is balanced with the “subconscious” mind that manages physiology and automatic behaviours.
What Are the Benefits of Hypnosis?
The hypnotic state aids in the treatment and or healing of the following symptoms or issues:
- Phobias, fears, and anxiety
- Sleep disorders
- Post-trauma anxiety
- Grief and loss
- And much more
Hypnosis also might be used to help with pain control and to overcome habits, such as smoking or overeating. It also might be helpful for people whose symptoms are severe or who need crisis management.
How Does Hypnotherapy Work?
Firstly, goals are established with the client in order to make positive changes within themselves. Thereafter, the client can enjoy the therapy session while the therapist cycles the brain down using relaxation exercises to alter their state of consciousness. The hypnotic state is a natural state to be in and is very safe. You do not have to be asleep, when the brain waves are cycled down suggestions are given by the therapist for the client to reach their goals. They experience a sense of deep relaxation, narrowing down their attention in an enhanced state of awareness.
Past life Regression sessions are also available.
Goals & desired outcomes for the Hypnotherapy session will be agreed upon during the first introduction session. The first introduction session must be preferably arranged before the Hypnotherapy session to agree upon the outcomes.
The sessions are 60min. Be relaxed and have an open mind, the sessions are completely safe and can be done from the comfort of your own home online via your PC.
Please follow the guide below to be prepared for the session:
Please ensure the following:
1. That you have a stable & reliable internet connection during the duration of the call.
2. That Microsoft teams is downloaded & operational on your Mac/PC or phone.
– You can join via the web browser or download the application here.
– Please test your audio and video before the session – to ensure your audio & video is clear.
– Please ensure that you are laying down comfortably for the hypnotherapy session and have a blanket with you for the session. Kindly place your PC in a way that your body is visible during the entire duration of the session. This helps the practitioners to see your body’s reaction during the session.
3. Have a comfortable and quiet space with no interruptions for the entire duration of the session
4. Please put your cell phone on silent for the session.
5. Have an open mind & be relaxed for the session.
EverJOURNEY Hypnotherapy sessions are done over 60 online. Preferably a FREE introduction 30 min session which would be booked in advance to establish the goals & outcomes for the Hypnotherapy sessions.
The cost of a Hypnotherapy session is R750.00 once-off per hour based on the agreed outcomes with the client.
45$ USD per session
35£ GBP per session
40€ EUR per session
R750.00 ZAR per session
- Use your name as a reference when making a payment.
- Rates are per hour paid 48 hours before the session
- Should the dates you require be unavailable, please contact me at email@example.com for alternative slots.
Please leave an inquiry for a Hypnotherapy session or book a session via the link below:
I am a Certified (non-medical) Hypnotherapist & Certified NLP Life Coach. Hypnotherapy is seen as a form of “complementary medicine” & is offered at EverJOURNEY Coaching & Wellness as a form of healing and not medicine. I hereby confirm that I am not a registered Health Professional, nor a medical doctor and do not treat, diagnose or prescribe medication. Please consult a health professional should you need medical assistance.